ROOM PARENT APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, 8/29/18!!!
We hope you and your families are having a great summer and it is hard to believe school is almost already here!!! We have begun our planning for the upcoming year and now that we have all received our class assignments, we need to get our room parents set. Below is a description of what your responsibilities will be as a Room Parent.
* Pay HSA membership dues no later than September 18, 2018
* Attend Room Parent meeting: We have a mandatory meeting for all Room Parents on September 18, 2018 at 7:30 pm in the Borough School Library. We also have meetings once a month on Wednesday night. We strongly suggest that you make an effort to attend as many meetings as possible. We cover a lot of information that may be useful to your and the other parents in your class.
* Coordinate class parties and/or volunteers for parties, if needed (at discretion of teachers/team leaders)
Coordinate chaperones for field trips, if needed (at discretion of teachers/team leaders)
* Coordinate/Plan end of year traditions, if needed depending on grade and at the discretion of the teachers/team leaders (example: Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast, 3rd grade luau, etc…)
* Coordinate/Plan for Teacher Appreciation Week for your class(es)
Although we wish we could accommodate everyone that is interested in participating, unfortunately there is a limited number of spots available. The decision on who will be Room Parent will be made jointly between the Schools and the MPHSA. After we have reached our application deadline, we will inform everyone that was interested whether you received the position or not. If you do not receive the position there are many other ways to get involved! You can see other open positions with the MPHSA at our website http://www.mphsa.org/volunteer-needs-17
Please fill out this Room Parent Application by 8/29/18
Thank you for your interest in becoming a MPHSA Room Parent!